While I’m not ready to fully take the plunge into Paleo eating, I’ve been experimenting and trying out some recipes. I call these “Almost” Paleo because I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the dark chocolate. Whoops. The original recipe I adapted from can be found here…not sure why mine look so much different, but I lightly rolled the dough into balls before putting them on the baking sheet and I also doubled her recipe. They turned out soft and had just the right amount of sweetness. This is definitely my new go-to (paleo) chocolate chip cookie recipe! So without further ado:
PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Original recipe can be found at Oatmeal With a Fork 🙂
- 2 c. almond meal
- scant 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 T. butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c. maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1/3 c. chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almond meal, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the butter, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla. (If it’s too dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water. I didn’t need it.)
- Stir in the chopped chocolate last.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes on a well oiled or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (the edges should be golden).
- Let them sit on the pan for 5-10 minutes (they firm up during this time, so this is an important step!).
- Remove and enjoy!